Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Book update
The book I read this week is The Seems: The Glitch in Sleep. It is about a boy named Becker Drane, who is a Fixer in a place called The Seems, which is home to various departments that each run one aspect of the World, from Time to Sleep to Weather. In this book, a Glitch (which is a tiny three-armed monster that destroys everything in its path, rather than a random programing abnormality) attacks the department of Sleep, preventing it from being able to ship out sleep or dreams, which are vital for chains of events (These are pretty much the same as in the real world, except that they are planned. If a chain of events were to become unraveled, something known as a ripple affect would happen, and the very fabric of reality would pretty much be toast.) Becker has to take on this glitch as his first mission. I found this book very interesting. I find it rather similar to Heck: Where the bad kids go Because both have a supernatural idea that is very organized and rather bureaucratic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment