Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eh...

This week, I tried to start reading Truancy, but I couldn't really get into it. It takes place in a city in the distant future, where the government is trying to control through education. As a student, your life is basically controlled by school. The school day isn't any longer than ours, but during that time, you can't talk unless called upon, you have to were hidious and uncomfortable uniforms, you get even more homework than on a busy night here, and you only have one day a week to get away from it. When I started reading it, I figured that the school system was like the japanese school system. They have school on saturday and have to wear uniforms, but it doen't seem nearly as oppressive as this book is. I kind of got bored of it once I found that it's pretty much the same as our world, only school is even more boring and oppressive. I also started reading the adoration of Jenna Fox, which I am more interested in. It is about a seventeen year old girl named Jenna Fox who had been in a coma for a year and forgot who she was, what happened to her, how to walk, talk, and pretty much everything else. After a couple of days, she started regaining the abilities that she would have to use every day (walking, speaking, ect.) but still had no memories. The house in california that she lived in after she woke up wasn't the house she lived in before. She didn't have any friends, or she used to, but they gradually forgot her. Oh, and did I mention that it takes place in the future? So far, the events in the future haven't affected the story much. I don't know if I should recommend this book yet, but it looks promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment