Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting Weirder...

I am still reading the Adoration of Jenna Fox. Jenna has just gone back to school, albeit only three days a week at a charter. A lot of weird things happened before that. First, Jenna found that she was missing a scar on her chin that she had when she was ten. I know that over the course of seven years, it would be much less recognizable, but scars never disappear without a trace, like this one did. Also, when Jenna remembered going camping, she also remembered the taste of hot chocolate. Jenna couldn't eat normal food, just tasteless nutrients. Her parents said that it was because her body couldn't digest normal food after getting its nutrients through a tube for over a year. When she made hot chocolate, she expected it to taste like how she remembered it to taste like. However, when she drank it, it was tasteless. There is one more hint that something much weirder than just a car accident and a coma had happened. When Jenna was up in her room, she heard her mom and grandma (though she always called them by their first names) in a loud discussion about her. Lily (her grandma) said that it wasn't natural. I'm not sure exactly what she means by that, but it definately means something is up. Anyways, when Jenna was in school, she met her four classmates, Ethan, the boy she saw at the mission, Dane, the boy who lives in the Georgia style house, Allys, a girl who lost much of her body to an infection and had very realistic looking artificial limbs, and Gabriel, another boy. I think that Allys' artificial body shows what medical science can do in the future and might act as a way of foreshadowing what really happened after the accident. This book has been filled with suspense and I would suggest reading it.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very interesting book. I might read it. What is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds mysterious! What do you like about it, though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds very odd. What's wrong w/ this mysterious character Jenna? What's up w/ the whole scar thingy? Don't get me wrong it sounds like a good book, but it seems like she is dealing w/ some major problems...I guess I'll have to read it.

    ReplyDelete