Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Post

So last week, we finally started our class novels. I am reading so yesterday. It is about Hunter, who looks for new fashions that could be marketed to the general public, which he calls cool hunting, as a job. At the very beginning of the book, hunter met Jen, who was an Inovater, the person who starts the trend instead of following it. Jen brought some new ideas to a focus group for a shoe commercial (the missing black woman formation), which caught the attention of Hunter's boss, Mandy. They were supposed to meet in Chinatown, but Mandy didn't turn up. After a bit of investagation, Hunter and Jen found Mandy's cell phone in an abandoned building, as well as a mysterious shipment of the coolest shoes they had ever seen. I forgot to mention that there is a bald guy who also seems to be involved, though I haven't read enough to know how. This book was written by Scott Westerfield, the author of the Uglies series. I am starting to notice a few simalarities. In chapter 0, one of the previews was about the jammers, who are trying to take down the system. Hunter said that he thought he was on their side. This reminds me of the uglies, because at the beginning of every book, Tally starts out with her full alegence to the city government, and stays that way until she is reminded that (SPOILER ALERT) the surgery to become a pretty/special changes the way your brain works, making you less able to rebel, but also to think for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I really like reading so yesterday too. I am thinking of reading the uglies series. Would you suggest it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moira, posts are to be focused on your independent novel. Next time your post reflect this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bess: I would totally recomend reading the Uglies series. It's among the best books I've ever read. I just hope you didn't read the spoiler. That pretty much gave away the climax of the first book.

    ReplyDelete